Thursday 3 December 2009

A decadent breakfast!


The other day, DD woke up in 'one of those moods'. It had been raining for ever, we were all fed up before the day had even begun and she needed something lovely for breakfast.

She asked me for something 'different', 'something with chocolate' she requested with big brown eyes looking into mine.

'Something like you'd give me if it was my Birthday'.

How could I resist - we all need comfort food on a grey day.

So here's what I did. I have a bit of a Mum thing about wanting her to eat fruit for breakfast as a healthy start to the day, so I layered some vanilla ice cream ( I make my own using agave syrup) and sliced banana and toasted some oats in melted butter to layer in between the fruit and ice cream.

Then I topped it off with a couple of squares of sugar free chocolate, a dusting of cocoa powder and a squirt of agave syrup.

It didn't look pretty in the glass, but my daughter's face was a pretty picture and by the time she got to the bottom, she had a lovely gooey chocolatey, vanilla cream to scoop out!

3 comments:

  1. Ice cream for breakfast is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's after 11 at night, but I am going to go make this Right.Now.

    ReplyDelete