Sunday 20 December 2009

A sugar free Solstice / Christmas


We're celebrating Yule tomorrow instead of Christmas, so maybe you're wondering how you enjoy the festivities without refined sugar.

The shops are full of mince pies, chocolates, nibbly things and sauces, all chock full of sugar (not to mention the other nasties).

Here's the menu for my daughter for tomorrow - she's so excited as she chose it all herself!

Starter

Egg mayonnaise with salmon and melba toast

Main

Turkey
Roast potatoes
broccoli
carrots
mashed swede
gravy

Apple juice and fizzy water to drink

Pudding

Choice of:

Christmas pudding
Baked chocolate cheesecake
Profiteroles

Darling daughter has also been busy making cones to hang on our tree which are full of sugar-free sweets and chocolates for her to nibble on. Along with Cheese and biscuits and vegetable crisps to pick at in the evening I don't think she is going to go hungry or feel deprived; do you?

If you want any specific recipes, drop me a comment and let me know! Have a wonderful celebration yourself; let me know what you're eating; I always love to be inspired by other people's menus.

2 comments:

  1. Got a recipe for that baked chocolate cheesecake? It sounds good... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Milla,
    Thanks for your interest. I'll raid my memory banks - I'm pretty bad at writing things down, much to my husband's annoyance.
    Give me a few days and I'll see what I can do ;)

    ReplyDelete