Thursday 17 December 2009

Lavender biscuits


I've been asked for this recipe several times. I've got an octogenarian friend who loves these and I make them every Christmas for her as a special treat. They remind her of her childhood when her Mum used to make anything and everything with lavender.

This biscuit recipe is fab - it uses minimal and frugal ingredients and is adaptable to your favourite flavour. You can substitute the lavender for grated lemon peel, spices, chocolate chips, vanilla - you name it, if you can dream it up, then try it!

I've listed the recipe using fructose, because that is what we use at home, but if you want to use regular sugar instead, use 2 oz caster sugar.

Ingredients

  • 4 oz butter
  • 1 - 1 1/2 oz fructose
  • 6 0z plain flour
  • 1 tbsp dried lavender


Method

  • Cream the butter and fructose
  • Stir in the flour and lavender and keep mixing until it forms a dough (You might need to use your hands for the last bit)
  • Knead for a moment then roll the dough into a ball and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
  • Preheat oven to 200
  • Roll out and cut into shapes
  • Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until just beginning to brown.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! I am always looking for ways to use up my lavendar. These will be perfect for a tea my daughter is giving in January.

    ReplyDelete